Thursday, November 13, 2008

arm update

Yesterday I went back to the doctor for a 6 day check up on my elbow. He took off the half cast and told me I didn't have to wear it anymore. He did wrap it for me so while I'm out it won't get knocked but he told me to just let it be and to stretch my arm to get that muscle working again. The doctor also told me what he did, he cut my arm on the elbow and went in and detached the tendon from the bone, he fileted the tendon in half and removed all the bad stuff and sent it in to be sure it was okay and it was, he then layed the tendon back on top of each other and sewed my arm back up. Now to wait for it to heal and reattach to the bone. I will be rehabbing for awhile so I really can't do as much as I would like to. I am babying my arm so I don't screw up what he fixed. All in all the pain is a little but the area looks good and I don't go back to the doctor for 3 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are healing well and feeling better. Can you sew yet? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear you are healing. I am sure it has been painful but hopefully it will be all better soon.
    I wanted to let you know I have a new email since I moved, it is still sewsquilts, but now it is
    @tampabay.rr.com. I am still moving in, but hope to start looking for a quilt group in the next few weeks. Let me hear from you when you have time.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete