Wednesday, December 17, 2008

eye candy, flat Stanley

The other day I showed you the sky out my front door with the storm on the way. Today I took a picture out my back door the same direction west. As you can see we got only about an inch of snow but we are expecting another ice storm tonight and tomorrow it is suppose to turn into heavy rain. This weather is so weird and it's not even winter yet. Makes you wonder just what kind of a winter we are going to have. Everyone stay warm and safe.
I took Flat Stanley to my studio today and we started working on this quilt. I'm taking pictures as we go along so when I send him home he can tell the story of how we made it.
My friend Susan from my dyeing group wondered what stormy sky would look like so I tried snowdyeing with that color and the third piece below is it. I just love the way it turned out.

3 comments:

  1. I really like that one Judi, was it just stormy sky by itself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi,
    I really like the stormy sky piece. Makes me want to get over and dye.
    I can see I the list of things to try growing longer each day. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great colors, love 'em!
    hugz:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete