Wednesday, May 6, 2009

poledyed and swaps

In my dyeing group we are doing a swap of a rainbow wheel. The colors I used were boysenberry, grape and orange, they are all prochem's colors.
I experimented in doing pole dyeing but instead of using a pole I did it on my clothesline. The brighter colors is what it looked like wet on the clothes line and the duller colors is what I ended up with. I made a few mistakes by not batching long enough and leaving it on the close line to dry in the sun. I should of took them off the line while wet and batched in plastic. Live and learn that is what it is all about. I did get some nice pieces though.






4 comments:

  1. How much dye did it take to pour down the fabric Judi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting technique...that's how you learn, isn't it, by the mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi-I LOVE your "mistakes" They are gorgeous. Also love your color wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judi,
    Great pieces on the clothes line dyeing! Favorite is the green/blue. I love that method. I have always allowed them to dry on the clothesline, will have to try batching in plastic sometime.

    ReplyDelete