Wednesday, September 23, 2009

fabric, paper doll quilt and published

Today after snowdyeing 9 yards of fabric I started making this Paperdoll quilt for my granddaughter. I also got 10 yards of fabric rinsed and ironed, 30 yards of fabric and 3 pairs of socks scoured. I should be able to get the binding on this quilt tomorrow afternoon.



These are just a few of the snowdyed fabric and one of a kinds I have been working on lately for the Crown Point, IN Quilt Show Oct 3-4.












If you got through all the pictures of fabric and the paper doll quilt here is the picture of the magazine my article is in and a picture of the article.

9 comments:

  1. Love your fabrics Judi! I'm going to have to see if I can find the Quilting Arts magazine someone in our small little town(s). When I was a little girl I loved playing with paper dolls. I used to spend hours creating 'clothes' for them. In fact, my grandmother thought I was going to become a designer because I spent so many hours doing it. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Judi! I can't wait to read it. It was great to meet you in Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you...you are published!!! I love the paper doll quilt too. I bought this fabric too, but haven't made anything yet. Did you "make" the doll clothes to put on them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful work...all of it. And another published article. Pretty soon you are going to be rich and famous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics Judi, there are some gorgeous pieces.
    I am anxiously watching the mailbox for QA.
    The quilt for Kaycee is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the doll quilt Judi! And your handdyes are awesome! Congratulations on your article in Quilting Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got it, got it, got it, in my mailbox! I skipped all the way back down my driveway! The article is great and I'm so proud of you! You forgot to post the most delightful page in the magazine, "about our contributors"!
    There you were, it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the magazine today--I am a subscriber---but what do you do if you don't have snow? Do you live where it snows all the time. I am in TN and last year it didn't snow at all---it seems to me that ice wouldn't work, so what do you do? Good article though--congrats on being "published".

    Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete