Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Handdyes and quilts

These pieces I did using the dry soda ash technique, I really like the texture I get doing it this way.

This piece I did using the snail technique, I still have trouble getting it to go all the way through the whole yard.
This little quilt is called Autumn Crossing by Jo Morton, I used the fabric line Compliments for it so it's not to Autumny. I used a panto called Happy Times to quilt it, I re-sized it by making it 50% smaller and it worked well.
This is a clients quilt, she used the fabric from Crown Royal bags and made a pineapple block using the no wast pineapple method. I really like how this quilt turned out she did a great job.

2 comments:

  1. They all look great, Judi! Really love the soda ash fabrics. Will you have some for sale at the show in Madison? Wow, that's coming up very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of the dry soda ash technique.. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete