Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Comfort Quilt, Color Family

I finished the blue overdye today. This project was alot of work but all the dyeing is now done. I still have the sorting and resorting and cuting up to do before sending it onto the others in the group. I did rope my dh into helping me stir today and he said if I do this again I'm on my own, he says it's not fun.



A close friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer on Dec 31. She had a double mastectomy last week. Another friend and I both wanted to make her a comfort quilt. We asked for blocks that were red/pink in color with a heart on it and signed. Well as usual not everyone follows directions. I got blocks that were 12 1/2, 12, 11, 8,
6, 6 1/2 and some smaller. After looking at it and adding to some of the blocks this is what I came up with. My friend loved the quilt, words cannot express how she felt. I didn't want to post a picture of the quilt until after she got it.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is beautiful Judi and I'm laughing at your husband saying that stirring dye was not fun :)

    ReplyDelete