Monday, January 14, 2008

Dogwood Challenge, handdyes

I didn't get anything done today since I went to the city to get my laptop and then on to the bigger city to Sam's and of course the viking store. My sewing machine needed a light bulb and since Columbia was only 30 minutes further I figured why not go and get that to. The local quilt shop that carries Vikings didn't have any light bulbs and last time I needed a needle threader they didn't have them either. I hate when I have to drive 90 minutes for something that should be stocked.

Picture are of my color wheels with black (top) and brown (bottom) additions for the nesting robin quilt. These are the same main colors as before all Dharma Fire Red, Sky Blue and Golden Yellow. The brown is Pro Chem's basic brown and the black is I think 602. I used the light value of the color wheel. Now I need to make my center still not sure what I'm going to do.

Also posted is a picture of my Dogwood Challenge. It's all handdyes and the flowers and leaves are silk, I quilted it myself. It was quick and fun to make.




1 comment:

  1. So pretty Judi, I just love your work you do a great job. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your colours wheels as well.

    ReplyDelete