Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dogwood Challenge, Handdyes Nesting Robin

I was going to show you all a picture of my dogwood challenge project but my dh took my laptop into the shop today so I'm using his. I guess I'll tell you what the challenge is. In one of my guilds we are going to have a quilt show and it falls on the Saturday of The Dogwood Festival. This festival showcases what else but the dogwood trees. My guild has given the challenge to use the dogwood however we want. We can make a wall hanging, quilt top, towels, table runner you get the idea. Well I dyed the fabric today for the border so tomorrow I will sew it on and quilt it. I'll have it all finisihed it's not due until April. Today I also dyed some more fat quarters for my nesting robin quilt that I will be doing in my dyeing group. I did 2 color wheels with the addition of black and brown. I used the same main colors as I did before. I'll post pictures tomorrow I hope. I should say I will post pictures as soon as I get my laptop back.

No comments:

Post a Comment