Monday, May 26, 2008

BQ quilt, Stacked Posie Supreme. handdyes

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day. What sad news about all the tornadoes that touched down this past weekend. We have had some rain but thankfully nothing severe. We had lower 90's so I also was able to get a swim in, in the pool. The water was still a little cold but it sure was refreshing.

No pictures today but I did finish the BQ quilt yesterday. BQ is the name of the patten and stands for Big Blocks. I also was able to do some dyeing. I did 7 yards of snowdyed fabric, some were for customers and some were for my store. I'll get them rinsed today. I also worked on my blocks for the stacked posie supreme quilt. Today I plan on getting the blocks done (to the point we are to have them ready for class) and ready for class on Wednesday.

I purchased about two months ago an Oliso iron, well on Saturday the heating unit went out on me and hopefully the shop I got it at will replace it for me. I called them on Saturday and they said bring it in and we will make our decision from there on what they will do. So tomorrow I will make the 90 mile drive each way back to where I got it. Also yesterday the bobbin winder went out on my Designer-2 sewing machine so I will take it along with me to the same shop for repairs. The only good thing I see about this is I can take both items at the same time instead of making all those extra trips.

I'm off to my studio for a day of sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment