Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pole Dyeing, Stacked Posie Supreme

Today I tried something new for me pole dyeing. It was a blast below is a short tutorial on how I did it. Pole dyeing is a messy process, I ended up with yellow feet, yellow streaks down my legs and my arms are yellow also. If you looked at my arms you would think I was either jaundice or bruised. I'll post pictures of the final pieces later.

While my fabric was batching I worked on my Stacked Posie Supreme. It's coming along nicely and I should have the top completed tomorrow then I can quilt it.

White fabric soaked in soda ash hanging on pole.

Adding Peach

Adding baby blue and robin egg blue

hanging all pleated together on pole.


1 comment:

  1. Verrry cool, not what I was expecting to see. This is so neat I'll have to give it a go, if I can find a set-up that works and if the heat lets up a bit.

    We went from the 60's to the high 80's in one day. My poor flowers were wilting and not from lack of water.

    I'm really looking forward to the washout.