Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This and that

I don't have any pictures to share but the last few days I have been overdyeing fabric. It seemed like everyone was wanting a darker brown or really just darker colors and I was out of them so I started overdyeing. I just took the lighter shades of different colors and just overdyed them with a color from the same color family. I also dyed some sateen, I love the way the sateen dyes.

My 4 year old granddaughter wants some rainbow socks but she only wanted pink and purple in them so today I dyed some for her in stripes. I also did a solid pink and a solid purple. I'll post pictures tomorrow they are batching now. She normally wears heavy socks and these are a soft cotton and when she saw them she was so surprised that socks could be soft. Her mom said she usually buys the other type so she can hand them down to the boys. The boys won't be getting these handy me downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment