Thursday, February 19, 2009

handdyed quilt, wallhanging, rust dyeing

After not posting for a week here is a second post in one day. The internet seems to be cooperating today and I have been able to read my email and also post these pictures in my blog. Funny all I had to do was say it was running soooo slooowww. It still is but not as bad as the last few days.

This piece is called Think Spring. I spent the day today making this. I used raw edge applique. It really was quick and fun to do. I will get the binding on it tomorrow, this will hang in my booth at shows I do have the pattern. There is another border to go around the outside with more applique but I like it this way better.
This is the quilt and pillowcase I made my grandson for his birthday next month. I'm hoping to get it quilted tomorrow I had to dye fabric for the back again I goofed and measured wrong and the fabric was to small otherwise it would of been done today.

This is my first piece of rusted fabric that I have done. I think it turned out okay but I did let it sit for 3 days before I was able to get back to it and finish it up.

3 comments:

  1. I know your GS is going to love his quilt...very bright and interesting pattern.

    I love the applique...it is gorgeous also. When you do that type of applique, do you fuse first, then sew around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all simply stunning Judi, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your rusted piece turned out great. My first try looked like a slightly dirty rag!

    ReplyDelete