Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bachelor Button Quilt

I have the Bachelor Button Quilt just about finished all it needs is the binding and I should get that done tomorrow.

I tried a different technique on the backing fabric, I took a wide piece of fabric and folded it like a flag or a football, I then added one color to it and waited an hour and another color and so on until I had all the colors I wanted on it. I then let it batch. It batched for a very long time since I couldn't get it rinsed yesterday and I did use some turquoise in it. Turquoise likes a longer batching time and higher temp. I didn't like all the dark color being in the middle when I got it dried so I took the piece and folded it in half and sewed the lighter sides together the ripped the dark side in half. I like it alot better then before and I think it made a really neat pattern.


6 comments:

  1. I do love the backing and what a unique way of redistributing the colors to suit you. I'll have to think of doing that with some of my fabrics! Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Judi you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Judi, and the quilting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it.. great job. How did you quilt it?

    ReplyDelete