Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wonky/Liberated Quilt

I finished the wonky/liberated quilt today. I leave on retreat tomorrow so won't get to quilt it until I get back next week.
My washer went out on me yesterday so I'm down temporarily from dyeing. I have 4 buckets full of fabric sitting there waiting to be rinsed/washed out. The guy is suppose to come tomorrow I hope he can fix it cheap. I have a stackable washer/dryer and the dryer is fine so I hate have to buy another one but at the same time I don't want to pay a fortune to get it fixed when you can buy new at a reasonable price.

9 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! Bright and beautiful! Everything I love. I hope you get your washer/dryer fixed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about your washer, Judi. I have a stackable too so I know what you mean about having to replace both washer and dryer when one goes. I hope your repair will be a minor one. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more time ... without the typo. What a wonderful quilt–how large is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt. Hope you can get your washer fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is absolutely awesome! I love it! I'm assuming it's all from your hand dyes. It really is great! I hate it when appliances go on the fritz! Such an aggrevation even if it's an easy fix. Hope you have fun at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt...I love the wonky blocks & borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth in the MittenFebruary 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM

    I'm a dyer, too, and gave up on using my front-loading machine for rinsing/washing my dyed fabrics. Just too much trouble, too slow, too little water. Finally found a gently used "sloshy washer" with a good agitator. My last batch of dyeing was so very easy. Used the front-loader only to spin out the soda pre-treatment. And as a work surface for measuring -- hah!

    ReplyDelete