This quilt is a charity quilt for Downy's Quilts for Kids, I made one the other day with a kit they sent and they ask that you make another quilt with your own fabric. I had this fabric just sitting there so I thought why not make this flannel quilt for the kids. I'm sure some sick little boy will love it.
A few years ago I made this small quilt but it never got quilted. I made it at a retreat/Jo Morton workshop in I think 2008. I got the quilting done yesterday and today I got the binding and buttons sewn on. Another UFO completed.
A friend of mine in Canada had shown on her blog a picture of a chicken wire top she was using to dye fabric on, she had her's on saw horses I showed it to Marc and he said he could build me one, well he had these legs just sitting around and they are working perfectly for this top.
Putting the new table to good use, this is 2 yards of 109" fabric, I soaked it in soda ash then scrunched it up, I left it to sit in the hot hot air for a few hours then covered with plastic and let it sit a while longer. It still needs to be rinsed.
This is a piece of fabric I ice dyed for a client. It will be batching until tomorrow or the next day until I can get back to washing it out.
This is a piece of flannel I dyed to back the cowboy quilt. I can't believe how much extra dye I had to use, flannel really sucks it up. I got this all rinsed and washed ready to quilt the cowboy quilt.
I haven't gotten pictures of the fabric I dyed yesterday maybe in a day or two I'll get some and post.
Happy Dyeing and Sewing.