Monday, September 27, 2010

discharged fabric

Today I thought I would play around with some Jacquard Discharge Paste instead of the soft-scrub or Cascade dishwasher detergent. This was a blue/green piece of fabric i needed to do something with so I thought why not. It says on the jar to let it dry then steam, so I took it outside put it on the close-line and let it dry for a couple hours, now our temps have only been in the upper 60's so I didn't think anything of the sun being hot on the fabric. This is what it looked like when I took it off the line I was very surprised to see that the heat from the sun discharged it so now I will have to wash it and over-dye it, it took way to much of the color out.

1 comment:

  1. I like it -- it's going to look so good after you over-dye it.

    ReplyDelete