Sunday, December 19, 2010

where did the week go??

It's been almost a week since I posted last, there has been alot going on here. First I have finally finished the flannel quilts. I never thought I would get all 4 done and I did just that yesterday. Well now it's time to clean up some. There is so much dust and lint from the flannel that it just seems like it has traveled all over the studio, I first tore the sewing area completely apart and today got it put back together. That is about 1/4 of the studio, I'll work on the rest a little at at time,   I then went on and got all my christmas gifts wrapped and started on shorts for my dh. Yes shorts in Dec, he is the type of guy who wears them all year long and I have been so busy dyeing and quilting I haven't made him any in about a year so it's time. I plan on 5 pairs but we will see how it progresses or if I get to bored making them I'll just get back to cleaning a little sooner. I'm doing a deep cleaning where everything is getting taken apart and put back together, the easiest way for me   to do it is a little at a time.

My plans for next year is to work on my ufos. I have quit a few of them, at one time when I first started quilting I would take classes and it seemed like I never finished anything before I moved on to the next project so this year my goal is to complete some of them along with getting some of my quilts quilted that are in my to be quilted pile.

I hope all of you that are traveling in the next few weeks have safe journeys. Happy Holidays to all.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Judi - that was my plan last year - to get all of the UFO's from classes done. And I'm glad to report that I'm almost finished. Now I have several tops to be quilted. (it's always something)
    Have a great Christmas and glad to hear that you finished all of our flannel quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are still a few UFO's hanging out in my sewing room...guess I will always have something to do! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, time really passes too fast. I'm busy snowdyeing and very happy with the results. tho' we have plenty of snow here, I have wearing thights or socks. so today I went grocery shopping with bare legs under my skirt. wasn't that cold for me.
    I want to with you and your family a lovely, happy Christmas time. lots of love from me

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's supposed to be I hate wearing them.

    ReplyDelete