Sunday, January 9, 2011

back to quilting/sewing and declourant

Blogger hasn't let me load any pictures recently so here is what I have been up to.

 This purse is called the Religh purse, I had trouble selling this black and white batik so I thought I would make something out of it. I really like how this purse is constructed.
 This quilt is called Urban Cabin, I have it on my longarm and have half the quilting done on it. Tomorrow I'll get it finished.
 This happy baby quilt belongs to a friend of mine, this morning I quilted it for her, this was the first time I did echo quilting.
 close up all the legs hang free.
 another closeup of 4 blocks.
I received some gold sparkley decolourant in the mail the other day so thought I would try it. The piece on the left I stenciled the declourant on let it sit to dry and the one on the right I stenciled it, let it dry and then took the iron to it. I'm not sure if I have enough of the declourant on it or not. The gold is really light and now I wonder what it will look like after washing. I'll wait to wash it until I have more things to wash.

1 comment:

  1. The baby quilt is so cute and I like the echo quilting you've done on it.

    So what does the decolourant do, remove the black and leave the gold? Hmmm...I'll go and google.

    ReplyDelete