Wednesday, January 5, 2011

busy in the studio

It's been awhile since I did any dyeing but today I was able to get in a little. I got 8 yards of fabric dyed today for 2 different quilts and they are batching overnight. I have a quilt almost done, it's called Urban Cabin and is one of the Atkinson designs you can view the pattern here I have the border fabric batching and after washout I hope to get it added tomorrow then on to quilting it. Haven't decided yet how I want to quilt it, there are several different ways to do it, I could do all lines, or a panto of feathers or some custom quilting. If anyone has any suggestions please post.

I have also made a purse this past week, need to get a picture and get it posted it's been awhile since I have either sewn or dyed for myself but that is how I'm starting out my year. I'm thinking the Urban Cabin quilt will make a great gift for my sister in laws 50th bday in June.

1 comment: