Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hip to Be Square, handdyes

I was going to get my daily swim in but I decided it was to hot out today and the pool water was just a tad bit to warm. It was something like 96 and the temp outside is 102. I sure hate to see what the heat index is today.

This picture is of two fabrics that I dyed using the same dye color. The one on the left is the wider version of the Hoffman Lawn and doesn't dye as bright or rich as the regular lawn. The picture on the right is what the people at Hoffman call sateen. It is so soft and dyed up beautifully. Even my husband liked the feel better then the regular hoffman lawn or the wider lawn. I gave him 3 different pieces of fabric and didn't tell him which was which and he liked the sateen the best.

I finally got the Hip to be Square quilt quilted today. I used a popcorn pantograph. I will get it bound tomorrow and get a label on it and it will be ready for me to hang in my booth at the Nashville AQS show.

This is a backing piece of fabric that I dyed in a gutter. I used this for the back of the Hip to Be Square Quilt. I like the way it turned put except for the one really dark line going the other direction. I will have to get me a 10 foot gutter, where as this one is only 5 foot and the fabric has to be folded to fit.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty with all the hand-dyes Judi and I like the colours on the backing material as well.

    ReplyDelete